Wednesday, March 30, 2011

the things kids say

My last post was a little on the sad side and may have read self indulgent. That wasn't my intention, and many mums have confided that they have felt the same way from time to time. But onto happier things ... Isaac is now two years, three months and his every increasing vocabulary as well as the way he expresses things never fails to amuse me. We have been enjoying a number of Isaac-isms that I wanted to share:

"Happy Birthday" - no one just has a birthday, everyone has a "happy birthday". Used in a sentence - "it's your happy birthday today". Also fond of singing happy birthday whenever candles appear, whether this be due to an actual birthday cake or because we happen to be in a black-out.

"Noisy" - used as both an adjective and a noun. Used in a sentence - "Motor Bike making a noisy"

We recently purchased the movie Madagascar on DVD and Isaac's favourite bit is the "I like to move it" song. In fact, he likes it so much that he when he requests Madagascar to go on he says "I like to move it, move it" and when he wants to watch any other DVD he says "I don't like to move it, move it"

Whenever he sneezes he now says "Bless You Isaac"

We recently went on a camping trip with friends. Two of Isaac's best mates were there, Finley and Finn. When asked whether he like camping, he replied, "I love Finns"

Right now, I think I will never forget these, but I am sure that time will dull my memory and when Isaac is mono-syllabic teenager, I will be glad I recorded the memories.

Cute things, part two (from that ever present way of updating friends about the cute things your kids say - Faceook):

  • Isaac is always coming up with gorgeous sayings and my current favourite is "ooh that's a little bit tricky". Used to describe anything he doesn't really want to do - eg. Isaac please eat your peas, "mummy, that's a little bit tricky".
  • Watching the Victoria Secret parade on Foxtel and asked Isaac if he thought the ladies were pretty - he said "yes", paused and then said "but I am pretty too."

No comments: