Friday, February 20, 2009

In love with baby

The other weekend Nathan was off at a boys golf weekend and Isaac and I were “home alone”. In truth I was worried about looking after Isaac solo for three days, however it ended up being a magical time. We spent most of the weekend on the couch. Ostensibly I took out some DVDs to catch up on some movies I hadn’t seen, but in reality I spent most of the time staring at Isaac. And in turn he was gazing at me. It’s amazing the rush of love that you experience when looking into the inquisitive eyes of your newborn baby. In those moments I feel like the luckiest girl alive. This valentine’s day gone will be one I treasure forever and not because it was filled with roses or gifts. The image I will keep in my heart is watching my son and my husband sleeping side by side. Their shallow breaths mirroring each others - peaceful and content. Having a baby is filled with challenges and it is hard to get a moment’s peace to yourself, but at times like that it’s more than worth it.

No comments: